Friday, November 27, 2009

Multi tasking:

Knitters are multi taskers, 'I can't just sit and watch TV, I have to do something!' is a phrase I hear a lot. I have to admit I am one of the worst for this. Perhaps I have a bit of ADD. Sometimes I am doing something and I wonder if there is any way I can knit while I am doing that! Driving, well stopped in traffic, waiting at the doctors, during committee meetings or perhaps this morning at the dentist.


Today my new dentist was a filling in a wisdom tooth of all places. At one point Dr. Howard says: 'The decay goes 4 feet below the gum line!". While I am lying there with things in my mouth I am wondering, while I am here what else could I be doing? So I wrote up my blog...in my head. At least it's distracting me. As they poke and prod I am thinking of things to write down. Dr. Howard keeps asking if I am okay and because of the 3 vials of freezing he's injected into my mouth I only feel pressure. Then he asks me to bite down and I do but he didn't remove his finger and I bite him! The whole process is pretty pain free and the staff are very patient with me.



That was my morning. Today I will just take things easy in the shop, finish the hat and scarf I started with some very nice yarn and drink very slowly.

No comments: